You open a box you receive the day before Christmas and it contains pretty plants but wait, they have no roots... The instructions say soak, but soak in what, where? Do I plant them?, you wonder... NO Do NOT plant, do exactly as the note says, soak.
By now you have had them out of the box and doing the research so hopefully you found me at www.airplantcity.com and then you found this or you have contacted me, which you can do from the site.
Simple steps to enjoy your Air Plant:
1. Try to learn their names. Tillandsia Brachycoulas for instance. Go to the site and browse the product pages. Contact me with your senders email address and I can probably tell you exactly what you received.
2. Choose a container. Do not use a clay pot, or a deep receptacle unless you fill it up with something like marbles, pebbles or shells. The plant has to have air circulation on all parts of it and should never sit in a wet container. Get creative. You can literally use anything except copper and I don't suggest anything that can rust.
3. If you see unsightly roots, cut them off. I sometimes leave roots on if I think the plant would do better hanging. You can use fishing line to tie around the root, attach a hook to the other end and hang anywhere there is bright light or indirect sun light.
4. The tips of the airplants can be cut if they are brown on the ends, broken, or otherwise unsightly from shipping.
5. The most important thing to remember is that they like their bath at least once a week. Soak upside down, shake gently afterward to remove the water from between their leaves, put back in the light and enjoy...
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Free Air Plant With Your Order
Enter Your Email for Air Plant Care Tips, Blooming Plants, & Special Offers.