Air Plant City FAQs.
- DO WE COLLECT INFO?
- Yes, to ship. We DO NOT use, sell, or share it for any other purposes.
- CAN WE TAKE ORDERS OVER THE PHONE?
- Yes, if you are prepared to mail a check. We can NOT take your Credit Card over the phone.
- WHY CAN'T YOU TAKE CREDIT CARDS OVER THE PHONE?
- We don't for your protection and we don't have a machine.
- DO WE HAVE A RETAIL LOCATION?
- No, but local patrons can call for an appointment to visit.
- DO WE COLLECT SALES TAX?
- If you reside in Florida we do.
- HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO RECEIVE MY PLANTS?
- We take up to 3 days to prepare plants and use 3 Day Priority Mail. So reasonably 6-7 days to receive your plants.
- CAN IT TAKE LONGER THAN 7 DAYS TO RECEIVE PLANTS?
- Yes, but you will be notified via Email for any unusual circumstances.
Air Plant - Tillandsia FAQs.
- HOW DO I PLANT MY TILLANDSIA?
- DO NOT plant your Tillandsia! Putting Air Plants in soil will kill them.
- CAN I GROW TILLANDSIA INSIDE?
- YES, but place them close to a window so they can receive enough light.
- WILL TILLANDSIA GROW UP NORTH?
- YES, but make sure they are receiving enough light by keeping them in the brightest place you can find.
- HOW MUCH LIGHT SHOULD I GIVE MY PLANTS?
- Give your plants enough bright natural light so they can color, without having them in direct sunlight. More light = More color.
- CAN I USE ARTIFICIAL LIGHTING?
- Fluorescent, halogen, and grow lights work best if you are going to be using artificial lighting for your plants. Incandescent lights are not strong enough.
- DO I HAVE TO WATER MY PLANTS?
- WHERE DO I PUT THE WATER?
- Soaking your plants upside down and misting them are both efficient ways to water them.
- HOW DO I FERTILIZE SINCE THERE IS NO SOIL?
- Use Bromeliad Fertilizer (17-8-22) twice a month to your misting or soaking routine. See the Plant Care page for more info.
- WHAT IS THIS FUZZY STUFF ON MY PLANTS?
- That fuzzy stuff is seeds. If you pull them off and place them on a thin mesh you can propagate them. It usually takes 3-5 years to start seeing results. But well worth the wait for beautiful air plants!
- WHY DOES MY AIR PLANT LOOK MOLDY?
- Those hairs are Trichomes and they are what give your plant a silvery/white appearance. They are tiny structures on the leaf of the plant that help the plant absorb nutrients from the air and water.
- CAN I PUT TILLANDSIA IN MY TERRARIUM?
- YES. As long as it has some type of opening to allow air flow.
- WHAT DO I DO WITH THE OLD BLOOM SPIKE?
- As the mother plant dies and pups take over the bloom will shrink to nothing. If it starts to look too lifeless you can always remove it.
- IS SPHAGNUM MOSS AROUND THE BASE OF THE PLANT A GOOD IDEA?
- Moss tends to hold moisture and you DO NOT want moisture around the base of your plant. It will cause it to rot and the plant will die. Keep your plants completely dry between waterings to avoid this.